Proudly serving 5 Georgia locations
Cartersville OfficeThe Bradley Building
5 South Public Square
Cartersville, Georgia 30120
Calhoun Office102 Court Street
Dalton Office319 Selvidge Street
Dallas Office206 East Memorial Drive
Woodstock Office345 Creekstone Ridge
Brian was always readily available whenever I had questions or concerns. He is a consummate professional who I felt was extremely dedicated to my case…
Mr Cahn looked at the information we provided, he gave us his professional opinion, but most of all Mr. Cahn answered our questions. He made us feel very at ease through our situation…
Working with Mr. Stephens and Mr. Cahn proved to be efficient, professional, and reliable. The peace-of-mind this law firm gave my family was priceless…
For Your FREE Case Evaluation
Georgia Bankruptcy Lawyers Helping Clients Achieve Debt Relief
At Perrotta & Cahn our service is to you, not your creditors. For over 20 years, we have been helping clients obtain relief from debt by using protections afforded under bankruptcy law, and we understand how to effectively help those with financial difficulties. Please learn more about debt relief options below, and follow the links provided for additional information.
- Chapter 7 – Chapter 7 bankruptcy is generally for individuals and businesses that have become insolvent. The benefit of Chapter 7 is that it can discharge, or wipe out, large amounts of unsecured debt, such as credit card debt and medical bills. There are certain income requirements to qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, including a means test to compare a debtor’s income with Georgia’s median income.
- Chapter 13 – Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows debtors to pay back creditors over the course of three to five years with an affordable repayment plan. It is often a good option for people facing foreclosure. Only individuals are eligible for Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Chapter 11 – Chapter 11 bankruptcy, often called “business reorganization,” is generally for businesses that need to restructure their debt obligations and pay back creditors, while maintaining business operations.
- Creditor Harassment – As soon as a bankruptcy petition is filed, creditors must stop any collection activity, including actions for foreclosure, repossession or garnishment. One of our primary goals is to help clients find relief from creditor harassment.
- Rebuilding Credit – After bankruptcy, it is important for debtors to begin rebuilding credit so that they may take advantage of their fresh start. We regularly give clients advice on taking the right steps to raise their credit scores.
- Debt Settlement – Not everyone needs to file for bankruptcy to get back on their feet. We can represent you in debt settlement negotiations, which may result in lower monthly payments on debts or the opportunity to pay off a debt in one affordable lump sum.
- Lien Stripping – Lien stripping allows debtors in bankruptcy to transform a second mortgage or home equity line of credit (HELOC) into an unsecured, dischargeable debt, leaving only the first mortgage to repay.
- Preference Defenses – During bankruptcy proceedings, a bankruptcy trustee may seek repayment from creditors who received money from a debtor before he or she filed for bankruptcy. We provide preference defense representation, helping certain creditors keep payments received from debtors.
- Lawsuits and Judgments – We regularly defend clients against lawsuits and judgment liens, including foreclosures, repossessions and wage garnishments.
- Unsecured and Secured Debt – Different types of debt should often be handled in different ways depending on a person’s unique situation. We have helped clients manage and eliminate tax debt, credit card debt and medical bills.
- Foreclosure – Stopping a foreclosure is one of the most important things we can do for a client. We have helped many people in North Georgia stay in their homes by providing foreclosure defense representation, as well as defense against evictions and deficiency judgments after foreclosure.
Also see our myths about bankruptcy page, which addresses some common misconceptions about filing for bankruptcy.
Contact Us to Learn More about Filing for Bankruptcy in Georgia
Whether your debt stems from sudden job loss, divorce, unexpected medical expenses, back taxes or another unfortunate situation, we can help you obtain a fresh financial start. Please contact Perrotta & Cahn to schedule a free initial consultation and learn more about our debt relief services. We serve clients throughout northwest Georgia from offices in Cartersville, Calhoun, Dalton and Dallas.