Si usted busca un abogado de bancarrota en Woodstock, aquí estamos para ayudarlo. Las consultas son gratuitas. Para más información o si usted quiere hablar con alguno de nuestros abogados, por favor llame a nuestra oficina y pregunte por Maria Salaices, paralegal de bancarrota en Woodstock. (706) 629-9699
WOODSTOCK BANKRUPTCY LAWYER
Brian R. Cahn & Associates, LLC
Bankruptcy…What comes to mind when you hear that word? Perhaps the following concerns and fears:
- Financial ruin including foreclosure on your property and repossession of your vehicles
- Constant harassment by phone, mail, or email
- Rebuilding a devastated credit score
- Inability to qualify for loans
- General feelings of hopelessness and anxiety
- Fear of family discord including marital discontent
- Difficulty concentrating because of increasing financial stress
- Fear to even answer your own door out of fear of a visit from debt collectors
Perhaps you are suffering the consequences of an unstable economy, the lingering effects of a failed business endeavor, or perhaps the unforeseen devastation of a major life event such as a death, divorce, medical condition, just to name a few. Whatever the cause, misguided financial decisions or circumstances out of your control, at times it is hard to imagine you will ever find your way out. I can help you with sound advice as an expert legal adviser; I offer consultations and a full range of services to ensure that you choose the bankruptcy option that is right for you. Oftentimes, as surprising as it might seem, bankruptcy may be avoided altogether, and if this is a valid option, if it is in your best interest, I can also offer bankruptcy alternatives. I am ready to put my years of expertise as a seasoned attorney-at-law to work for you If bankruptcy is your only recourse, there are many options to discuss that fit your individual, your family, or your entrepreneurial needs. You need an experienced attorney on your side, and I can help as a steadying counselor. You may think that bankruptcy has only one outcome, financial destitution for the rest of your life, this is simply not true. The truth does remain, you will rebuild your financial standing for years to come, but filing bankruptcy should mark the turning of another page, the start of a new chapter in your financial biography. As your counselor, I can help you be the author of your very own true-life success story. To provide you with further understanding and knowledge, the following are the different bankruptcy types for individuals and businesses and their summaries:
Bankruptcy Options for Individuals and Businesses
- Sometimes referred to as “fresh start” bankruptcy as you may be able to discharge most of your debt, providing you with a fresh start. In most cases you have the benefit of retaining your home, vehicle, and retirement savings.
- Also known as “debt reorganization”, Chapter 13 provides respite as you pay back some or all debts over a specified period of time. You will adhere to a strict repayment plan based on an amount that you can afford. This option also guards your home and vehicle against foreclosure and repossession.You may ask, “Why would I go through the process of Chapter 13 when a Chapter 7 bankruptcy forgives most of my debt in its entirety?” Great question! Bankruptcy is not a straightforward and clear-cut process. Your income or assets may exceed eligibility requirements for a Chapter 7, you may have previously filed for Chapter 7 in the past 8 years, or you may simply have tax debt issues or defaults that cannot be remedied through Chapter 7. Thus, Chapter 13 may be the only solution.
Bankruptcy Options for Businesses
- If you are a business, Chapter 11 can be a very complicated option, in fact, it is the most complex of all bankruptcy options mentioned here. Simply put, this filing allows you to continue normal business operations during the bankruptcy process. Typically, the bankruptcy terms specify a restructure of debt, helping you get back on your feet and regain profitability.
- There is even an option for bankruptcy assistance for family farmers and family fishermen. Chapter 12 offers you a repayment plan while at the same time retaining the lifeblood of your business, your equipment, and your land.
Now that you have a general knowledge regarding your options, you can move forward with greater confidence. The journey, however, doesn’t end there; it requires knowledge to move forward and secure financial stability. Dave Ramsey, a famed money management expert, said, “I believe that through knowledge and discipline, financial peace is possible for all of us.” Knowledge is power and below is helpful knowledge to help you once your bankruptcy has discharged:
Check Your Credit Report
First things first, after your bankruptcy is discharged, obtain a copy of your credit report. You might ask why you would do this if you know that your credit score is low after your bankruptcy, here are two reasons:
- Your bankruptcy just discharged, but you still must be aware of your actual credit score after filing.
- Believe it or not, some debt (including past loans and balances) included in your filing may not have fully discharged or may not have discharged at all. It is important to note that it is not uncommon for credit card balances to remain on credit reports after your discharge.
Pay Your Bills
It is imperative that you pay your bills on time and stay on top of them, your credit score is calculated based on basic payment history.
“Secured” Credit Cards
Obtaining a credit card is another good way to reestablish your credit, you may even begin receiving credit card offers in the mail soon after your bankruptcy discharge. If credit cards are what got you into trouble in the first place and don’t trust yourself with a credit card because you have trouble with spending, don’t despair. Many are not aware of “secured” credit cards. Based on the same principal as regular credit cards, you can control your spending by charging items, paying off the balance and slowly repairing your credit history. Here is the difference, you deposit a pre-determined amount of credit on the card each month, like you would with a debit card.
Contact me; I can help!
Whatever your decision and whatever debt relief route you decide to take, remember that you are beginning a journey to remedy your situation and be better than you were before. I am a dedicated attorney who can provide sound legal advice and walk with you every step of the way. Remember these words from Warren Buffett, “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” That someone is you! Start planting your financial tree today so that you can sit in the canopy of shade provided by the great oak that will grow from your diligent financial cultivation. Consider the following, related statistics:
- After 5 to 10 years, those who file for bankruptcy are better off than those who continue to struggle with debt.
- Once bankruptcies discharge, more individuals have full-time employment after a few years than those who do not file.
I am an experienced lawyer who will be your defender and advocate, to help you get back on track, financially. Bankruptcy is a tricky and complicated process, let me take the stress out of it for you. Consider this one fact, 91% of Americans who file Chapter 7 bankruptcy alone hire a lawyer to help with their case. You don’t have to go it alone, contact my law office today. Woodstock Office 345 Creekstone Ridge Woodstock, GA 30188 The Importance of Hiring a Local Bankruptcy Attorney While bankruptcy is governed by federal law, bankruptcy proceedings as well as the people forced to file for bankruptcy are often locally influenced. This is why we feel having an office and attorney close to where you live is important — to be able to adapt and tailor your bankruptcy needs to the values of people who live in the community. At Brian R. Cahn & Associates, LLC, we strive to be the finest bankruptcy attorneys in Calhoun and northwest Georgia. If you are facing mounting credit card debt, harassing phone calls from bill collectors, or dealing with the threat of losing your home through foreclosure, we can help you deal with your situation in the best way possible.
Contact an Experienced Bankruptcy Attorney in Woodstock
Our Woodstock office serves clients from Cherokee County and all other surrounding areas. For directions and to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys, contact us online or call us today at (706) 629-9699.
Bankruptcy is a tool, not a stigma.
A FEW CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Words cannot adequately express
"Words cannot adequately express how grateful my family is to Mr. Cahn! We greatly appreciated you offering your FREE consultation time to answer our bankruptcy questions related to our mom’s business. You immediately put us at ease with your friendly and sincere caring demeanor! You took more than ample time to provide us with options to consider and answered all of our questions in a way we could easily understand. We appreciated your honesty, integrity and your willingness to work with us in the future should any further concerns develop. Thank you, Mr. Cahn,for the peace of mind that you brought to my mom and my whole family!! We will definitely be referring you to our friends and anyone else who may be in need of your services!! Thank you again!"
"Mr Cahn looked at the information we provided, he gave us his professional opinion, but most of all Mr. Cahn answered our questions. He made us feel very at ease through our situation…"
efficient, professional, and reliable
"Working with Mr. Stephens and Mr. Cahn proved to be efficient, professional, and reliable. The peace-of-mind this law firm gave my family was priceless…"
efficient, professional, and reliable
"Brian was always readily available whenever I had questions or concerns. He is a consummate professional who I felt was extremely dedicated to my case…"